Everything in One Place
Services We Provide
- People in professions such as health, teaching, or other fields come to us for training in Trauma Informed Practice.
- Similarly, we offer the chance to obtain a certificate in Advanced Therapeutic Skills.
- We have residential healing programs for both youth and adults.
- The Newcastle Trauma Centre, run by counsellors and psychologists, offers additional support to childhood trauma victims.
- We provide indigenous healing programs that are culturally appropriate and cater specifically towards Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal individuals and communities.
Our Healing Model
Safety is our priority. With Heal for Life, your information will be completely confidential and secure. Our foundation understands how important a sense of safety is to the healing process. We work to make sure that every guest feels welcome and comfortable.
Survivors need to be responsible for their own healing. Although the Heal For Life Foundation often brings in guests that were referred, it is ultimately the survivor’s decision to join us. It is good that loved ones encourage survivors to get help, but they should never be pressured to face their trauma when they are not ready to. By taking full control of their healing journey, survivors are able to overcome challenges and find the answers they are looking for.
Abuse can affect our perception of authority figures
Abuse can affect our perception of authority figures. We recognise that our trauma can make us wary of those in power. At our centres, everyone is treated equally and respectfully. We do not try to control or forcibly fix members of our community. Instead, we take a gentle and understanding approach that allows our guests to heal properly.
View Medical History
Those who have also experienced childhood trauma are best equipped to help other survivors. All of our Heal for Life centres are operated by survivors of childhood trauma. We believe that their experiences allow them to connect with our guests and guide them towards recovery. Our staff is selectively chosen and comprehensively trained. We also make sure that they are committed to their own journey and passionate about helping others.